Skip To Main Content




Temporary Substitute Teacher

A Bachelor's Degree is not required to serve as a substitute teacher.  If you are interested in acquiring this Temporary Substitute License, you will need to fulfill the requirements listed below.  

Requirements for this TEMPORARY license include:
  1. Complete the WBESC employment paperwork on the Employment page of the website (Non-certified app)
  2. Complete a background check (fingerprinting) which can be done in our office
  3. Provide a High School Diploma or proof of graduation
  4. Acquire a temporary substitute license from the Ohio Department of Education

Click here for directions on how to apply for the license on the ODE website.




Western Buckeye ESC employs over 100 staff members. 
Substitute teachers, paraprofessionals (aides), nurses and bus drivers are needed.  If you would like to be included in the Western Buckeye substitution pool, please take note of the following process.

- Pick up an employment packet from WBESC or print copies from WBESC website.  Fill out all forms and return. 
- Bring copies of  your drivers license, social security card, all certificates / licenses relevant to degree(s) if applicable.
  Copies can be made at the WBESC office. 
- Have FBI / BCI background check done. See BCI/FBI Background Check link for more information. 


****  NOTE  ****
School districts may also require copies of background check, drivers license, social security card, other certificates and/or license in order to be included in their local substitute list.  WBESC can provide you with those copies at $ .10 each.  It is the responsibility of the substitute to insure each district receives the proper paperwork.   




Job Opportunities 

Please see our Facebook page for all current job postings.