Paulding County Help Me Grow
Comprehensive birth to 3 services
The Help Me Grow program, a communication and public awareness initiative for wellness programs at the Ohio department of Health, includes The integration of several birth to 3 programs into one consolidated initiative. Current birth to 3 programs that are included are Welcome Home and Early Intervention.
Scientific evidence suggests that a child’s success significantly determined by The quality of nurturing in the first three years of life. Help Me Grow provides important information on prenatal and infant care and development, positive parenting, safety, and abuse prevention.
The goal of The Help Me Grow program is to assure that newborns, infants, and toddlers across Ohio have the best possible start to life. Through this integrated program, funding is provided that supports local efforts to:
- Provide home visits to access the health of newborns and to help parents by providing information on child development and available programs and community resources;
- Provide early identification of children with develop delays as well as information, guidance, and therapeutic interventions;
- Provide up-to-date information on child health, development, early infant stimulation, and growth promoting activities;
- Provide screenings for health, hearing, vision, and overall development;
- Provide parents with information on social and emotional development that lays the foundation for later school success; and
- Promote family literacy and support parents as full partners in their child’s education.
Help Me Grow: A Wellness Guide for Mothers-to-be and Their Babies, a 56- page magazine-style booklet, is distributed throughout Ohio and includes information about preventive health care and nutrition for expectant mothers and children up to age 2.
Help Me Grow Help Line
The statewide toll-free 1-800-755-4769 (GROW) help line responds to requests for information on health and social programs. You can also reach Paulding County’s Help Me Grow directly at (419)399-4620 or 877-473-8166. The help tine’s i-rained referral specialists provide personal assistance to callers within their own community. The help line provides callers with information and referrals to family related services.
Help Me Grow Programs
(1) Welcome Home provides home visits by a registered nurse to new parents. The home visit offers the earliest opportunity to provide families with the information and support they need to maximize the health and development of their infants. During a Welcome Home visit, a physical assessment of the newborn and mother is done; child development, health and safety information is shared with the parents; and referrals are made to available community resources.
(2) The Early Intervention program is a system of providers who work together to offer early identification and family-centered services to infants and toddlers with developmental delays or disabilities and their families. The Early Intervention program ensures children receive appropriate medical care and therapies, encourages parents to utilize community resources and services, and assists them with understanding the present and future needs of their children.
(3) Home Visiting/Service Coordination
Home Visiting provides direct Services to infants and toddlers (birth to age 3) who are extremely vulnerable because environmental, family and health circumstances place them at risk for future developmental difficulties, abuse, or neglect. Home Visiting ensures children receive proper medical care, encourages parents to utilize community resources and services, and familiarizes them with present and future needs of their children.
For a Brochure on Help Me Grow please click here